Minutes from 27Jan2011 FSR Board Meeting
Attendees: Joyce Marienfeld, Marilyn Bobick-Johnson, Larry Baker, Pete Johnson, Jeff Strother, Jean Adair, Ken Geisen, Vicki Wyss
* FSR Logo Contest: 3 were submitted at Jam at the Dam; we liked Abe Holte’s basic design the best but with slight modifications. Jeff will communicate that to Abe and see if he is willing to incorporate our desired modification.
* Post Meeting Update: here is our official new FSR Logo:
* Linda Christianson sent a phosphorus report to Marilyn; Marilyn will sent it to us and post on our website.
* The cell phone tower in Franconia Township was approved without the stealth design.
* Larry will check on our FSR registration with the state of MN.
* We decided it isn’t worth the money to have a PO Box anymore, since we get so little mail. Marilyn offered that we can use her address for mailing purposes if we need to.
* Vicki re-sent the MN Waters Guide to Board members to see if anyone had comments. None were received. Vicki communicated minor comments to MN Waters.
* Marilyn shared information on AgStar Financial Services grants, and will get an application so we can determine if we want to apply for one.
* Kost Bridge update: Martha reported that a grant was approved to incorporate soil erosion controls into the bridge replacement project.
* We decided to hold our next meeting (Feb 24th, 6:30) at the Sunrise Bar and Grill. Ken will talk to Patty and make arrangements. If this doesn’t work out for some reason Ken offered that we meet at his home.
* Ken wants to monitor water quality of the effluent near the Sunrise Grill this summer.
* We discussed the Annual Meeting, and if we should hold it in March again. I could not find that we had decided when to have the Annual Meeting in previous meeting minutes. It was suggested that we obtain the “Troubled Waters” documentary and view it at the Annual Meeting. In subsequent e-mails it was suggested we hold the Annual Meeting on Earth Day.